Peace and Development
This program links a community or group in need of government or private agency who can respond with the particular services for them. This program is known as SILSILAH PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (SPDS).
- 1. ATTENTION TO INDIGENEOUS PEOPLE
Silsilah gives special attention to Subanon group of Baluno in Zamboanga City.
- FILIPINOS OVERSEAS FOR DIALOGUE AND PEACE (FODP)
This program extends assistance especially to the Processing Center of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)with the influx of Filipino deportees from Malaysia. In collaboration with the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) Regional Office IX in Zamboanga City, it assists in the value formation of applying overseas Filipino workers (OFW) through the pre-employment orientation seminar (PEOS) with values on the Culture of Dialogue, Path to Peace integrated. The goal is to inspire and challenge the OFW to become real heroes by their willingness to be instruments of dialogue and peace in the country of their employment. The program has also started offering counseling services in its center for legal and psychological assistance.
- INMATES WELFARE AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
SPDS has a regular schedule in the city jail every week. In collaboration with the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology of Zamboanga City Jail and the Parol and Probation Administration, both under the Department of Interior and Local Government, Now this program has extended its presence in the colony prison of San Ramon in Zamboanga City. SPDS is able to conduct the following activities:
– Basic integrated theatre arts workshop (BITAW) training and orientation to a Culture of Dialogue for children in conflict with the law.
– Madrasah class and orientation to a Culture of Dialogue for Muslim women.
– Orientation to a Culture of Dialogue Seminar for Parolees and Probationers with special focus on personal transformation.
– Talents and skills enhancement for men (peace poster making, peace poem with choreography and original peace song composition, etc.).
– Trainers’ training to selected men and women in the city jail who will conduct seminars on the culture of dialogue, path to peace to their companions.
– Formation of character and language to non-violence.
- ASSISTANCE TO REFUGEES
- KAPIHAN SA SILSILAH (Filipino word meaning over a cup of coffee)
Informal gatherings organized from time to time to discuss topics that are relevant and related to issues on dialogue and peace and bring them to the attention of the public. Thus the gatherings are held in a place accessible to the ordinary citizens. Also this aims to create a venue for wider discussion of issues affecting the community.